Sun Control Window Film E series contains dye in the laminating adhesive and is noteworthy for its color stability. Additionally, our manufacturing process grants these window films incredible resistance against damage and color changing. Sun Control Window Films are backed by strong warranties that reflect our confidence in our products. As an affordable means to block the sun's harmful rays and excessive sunlight, the Sun Control E series are also easy to install and remove. With our Sun Control Window Film E series, you will be getting much more than what you pay for.
- Available in 5%, 20%, 35%, and 50%
- 1.5mil 2ply NR Black
- Excellent Heat Shrinkage and Workability
- 99% UV Reduction
- Outstanding Performance for Cost
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Not suitable for dual pane/insulated windows.
How To Apply?
To get started, you'll need a few tools:
- Spray bottle with a liquid soap solution
- Plastc card squeegee
- Few paper towels (cotton cloth recommended)
- Sharp retractable knife
1. Before You Begin Applying: Use the spray bottle with a soap solution to fully wet the window to the point where drops of soapy water run down the glass. Next, scrape off all of the dirt that might be present using a razor of some sort that won't scratch the glass. Then, use the squeegee to wipe down the window and remove the remaining dirt. Remember to use A LOT of soap water as it is important that the window remains completely wet during the window film installation process. Don't try to install the film in direct sunlight or in a hot environment as your soap solution will dry up quickly.
2. Measure and Cut Film: If you aren't experienced with applying window film, it would be a good idea to start with smaller windows first. Measure the width & height of the glass surface and determine where you'd like the film, keeping about a 1/2" margin of film around the window frame. The cut film should be bigger than the edges of your frame.
3. Remove Backing/Liner: Window films have 2 components: the film and the clear liner (the backing). When removing the liner, first peel away its corner (preferably the top right or left corners) by attaching two pieces of tape firmly to the front and back sides of the film's corner. Then, pull them apart to separate a little portion of the liner from the film but don't remove the liner completely.
4. Wet Both Sides of Film and Window: As mentioned above, it is important to keep both the window film and the window completely wet with the soap solution during the installation process.
5. Apply Film on Glass: Place the adhesive side of the film gently on the glass. Cling the peeled corners of the film onto the respective corners of the window and adjust the film so that the edges line up. While you remove the rest of the liner, make sure that the parts of the film that are already on the window stay in its place (it might be better to have someone hold the film while removing the liner). As you carefully peel the liner away, generously spray the liquid solution on the exposed sticky side (the side that's in contact with the window) of the film. After the liner is removed, align all corners and edges so that the shape of the film completely matches that of the window. If, at any point, the film is stuck and not moving, you need to peel it off a little and add more soap water to the window.
6. Final Touches: Now using the plastic squeegee, start at the top of the window and work your way down. When you squeegee out the water particles and the air bubbles, start at the center of the window and move out towards the edges. Spraying water on the film's surface will make the process much easier. Large bubbles can be removed with the squeegee, but keep in mind that small ones smaller than 1/8" will disappear within a few days. If necessary, trim the edges of the film with a knife. Finally, clean the film with soap water. It may take a few days to dry and completely stick to the glass.
Buy Decorative film provides a 5 Year Limited Commercial Warranty and a 5 Year Limited Residential Warranty for the following films that have been applied on interior surfaces of glass windows or doors:
SP Nichrome, SP Bronze, SP NSN,
2 mil Clear, 4 mil Clear, 7 mil Clear, 8 mil Clear, 12 mil Clear
Buy Decorative film provides a Limited Commercial and Residential Warranty for the following films that have been applied on interior surfaces of glass windows and doors:
Natural, Metalized Silver, PR series, Premium 4mil, Premium 8mil – 5 years
Commercial and Residential Limited Warranty for the following films that have been applied on exterior surfaces of glass windows and doors:
Anti Graffiti series - 2 years
Buy Decorative film warrants against peeling, cracking, adhesive failure, and delamination. Warranty coverage begins immediately upon the first day of the installation of the film, and is not transferable from the original purchaser onto another party thereafter.
In the event of failure, Seller (Dealer/installer) will replace Buyer (Customer)‘s Buy Decorative film in the same quantity as the defective film at no cost. Under this warranty, Buy Decorative film is only obligated to replace the product not conforming to the warranty. This warranty coverage applies to the quality of its window film, and does not guarantee the quality of installation.
All warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranty of merchantability will be voided if the film is installed in a manner that violates applicable state or provincial laws. Damages caused by any illegal use of the product are in no manner whatsoever the liability of Buy Decorative film. Improper care or maintenance of Buy Decorative films shall void this warranty. This warranty does not cover glass breakage or insulated glass unit seal failure. Buy Decorative film is not liable for any other costs, expenses, losses, or damages that have not been outlined herein.